Have someone on your list that wants to learn (or is already obsessed with) hand lettering? Check out this list of the best gift ideas for hand lettering!
These are some of the best gift ideas I could think of for the person on your list that is interested in hand lettering! The links below are all affiliate links, so that means if you make a purchase after clicking a link below, I may earn money. However, there is no added cost for you and I have only included products I actually recommend!
Need the best gift ideas for hand lettering fast?
Try Amazon Prime FREE for 30 days, and get free 2 day shipping on most of the supplies listed below!
Hand Lettering Practice sheets
If your recipient is just getting started, then getting them some hand lettering practice sheets is a must hand lettering gift idea. You’re also in a great place to get some for absolutely free! Check out my hand lettering practice sheets here, or sign up for my email list below to get access to the freebie library.
Etsy is also a great place to find some practice sheets. I personally have Fearless Lettering from Ensign Insights that I LOVE! I have the physical copy that she no longer sells, but the digital version is the same!
Hand Lettering Books
I love just flipping through books related to hand lettering! Here are a few of my favorites:
- The Big Awesome Book of Hand and Chalk Lettering
- Hand Lettering for Relaxation
- The Ultimate Guide to Modern Calligraphy
- Adventures in Hand Lettering
- Lettering Alphabets and Artwork
This is the printer paper I recommend using for any practice sheets you print out, or for just practicing in general. Regular printer paper can wreak havoc on brush pen tips, but this Premium HP 32 Paper is very smooth and easy on the tips.
This marker paper is also great for brush pens and easy on the tips. It’s extra smooth and it’s also semi translucent which makes it great for tracing!
This is my absolute favorite paper hands down, for finished pieces. It’s thick like cardstock, but it’s extra smooth for markers. It even works great for blending with water based inks.
These come in grid or dotted and are great for practicing with!
Brush Pens for Hand Lettering
- Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Brush Pens–read my review here
- Tombow Dual Brush Pens–these are great for galaxy blending!
- Tombow Fudenosuke Brush Pens–-read my review here
- Pentel Arts Touch Sign Pen—Read my review here
- Crayola Supertips–great for beginners!
- Karin Brushmarker Pro –Juicy water-based markers!
Other Pens for Hand Lettering
- Gelly Roll—the glaze set blends beautifully
- Pigma Micron Pens
- Decocolor Paint Markers
- Molotow Acrylic Paint Markers
- Pointed Pen Starter Kit
- Glass Pen
Pointed Pen Inks
- Ecoline Watercolor Inks--LOVE these for pointed pen and watercolor lettering
- Dr. PH Martins Bleedproof White--the most opaque white ink
- Bombay India Inks
- iPad Pro
- Apple Pencil
- Procreate App
Other Hand Lettering Gift Ideas
- Water brushes
- Light pad
- Embossing Starter Kit
- The Inky Box Subscription–read my review here
- Skillshare subscription—great for online learning, there are a ton of classes on hand lettering available. Get 2 free months when you sign up or gift!
Hand Lettering Supplies Storage
Of course, no hand-lettering gift guide would be complete without some sort of storage ideas, right? Check out these ideas I use to store my hand lettering supplies in my own home office.